Women of the ELCA
Women's Coffee Fellowship
Meet every Thursday at 9:00 am at JoMaMa's
Officers: Co-Presidents- Jolyne Peterson and Sandie Fisher
Secretary – Brenda Wheeler
Treasurer – Deb Studley
Missions - Dawn Straub
Sunshine - Mary Heenan
As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
Tea in the Garden
Panola Valley Gardens
Wednesday, July 20
26026 Olinda Trail, Lindstrom, MN
Meet at the Lakeside parking lot at 9:30 AM
$40, which includes luncheon, gratuity & transportation
Registration form with payment and transportation form due by July 10
Contact Jolyne, 651-308-7595 or
Some highlights from 2021:
·Charitable Distributions for 2021:
- 175 quilts and 6 dress kits were shipped to Lutheran World Relief.
- Prayer Partners were exchanged in July by mail/email.
- The Bakeless Bake Sale was very successful, with 75 women donating $2375.00. The winner of the quilt was Evie Moore
- 2800 items were donated to the Webster Schools. Going forth, Cecilia Bennett will be the chairman for this project.
- Fall Retreat: 34 women attended the retreat on September 27 at Luther Park. There were lots of good reviews and generous in-kind donations to the CRA.
- Many hours were spent on developing and organizing the protocals for serving funeral luncheolns. The WELCA forms are in both kitchen binder and the work room.
- Baby bundles (22 girls 20 boys) were assembled and distributed to hospitals in St. Croix Falls, Rice Lake, and Moose Lake.
- Clothesline Quilt Sale: Deb Wertanen donated 100 quilted items, which were sold on August 28 and September 4. In addition, Bob Uecker donated a quilt for a silent auction. Fabric from Deb was also sold. $4035 was raised from these sales. One quilt was donated to the Webb Lake First Responders for their golf tournament, and earned $130, 2 twin quilts were given to Luther Park Bible Camp, and 7 items were given to the Quilt Guild to sell at their boutique, with proceeds to the CRA.
- Gather Bible Study continues the fourth Thursday of each month. October through March 2022 were by Zoom.
- Thankoffering Service was October 17th. Pastor Sandy Carpenter was the guest pastor. $900 was collected and sent to WELCA Churchwide
- Christmas for Kids: Lakeside members donated $1010.00 to be given to InterFaith Caregivers. 50 clothing items were also given.
·Other distributions included:
- Social Concerns for Coats for Kids $1000
- Missionary Sponsorship $400
- World Hunger $300
- Pregnancy Help Center, Rice Lake $250
- Faith's Lodge $500
- Community Referral Agency $300
- Benjamin House, Rice Lake $250
- Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett County $500
- Spooner Hospice $400
- Burnett County Family Resource Center $200
- Salvation Army – Faith House $100
- Feed My Starving Children $200
- Yellow Lake Food Distribution $300
Quilting Every Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.
- $100 to Lakeside Lutheran for office supplies and support
Community Quilting 9:00 a.m. 1st and 3rd Thursdays
Women’s Coffee Fellowship Thursday 9:00 a.m. at Jo Mama’s
For more info see the link below to the ELCA NW Synod of Wisconsin
"To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it”